Thursday, June 30, 2011

nails! cupcakes! mmm

I love cupcakes! I did a notd like this last year, but this time I outlined the cupcake so it shows better and didn't use a bunch of rhinestones for the sprinkles..this manicure is more "dish washing" friendly! it's not perfectly drawn but I shall keep practicing


voilà!


tools:
-nail art brushes and dotting tools
-Rhinestones wheels
-orly's nail defense base coat
-Essie's "turquoise and Caicos" this bottle is over a year old and it's kinda chunky, but I kept shaking and It was ok again, I love this polish color!
-opi's "alpine snow" (base for ring finger and sprinkles)
-opi's "the "it" color (cupcake holder)
-orly's "fancy fuchsia" (cupcake frosting)
-seche vite top coat
-cacee black nail art polish (outlining the cupcake)





I put some krazy glue on a piece of paper and applied some on the top of the cupcake and took my dotting tool (with a little glue on it, easier to pick up the stone) and applied it to the top of the cupcake and pressed gently


two coats of everything, t&c was not cooperating, but seche vite smooth everything out at the end





the cupcake on the left hand is way better than the one on the right lol


makes me wanna get a
cupcake to eat!





nothing like a glass of red shirah wine while painting the nails, the boyfriend and I have been obsessed with red wines lately, it's a nice break from the fruity wines

hope you liked and got inspired to draw some cupcakes!


xoxo,
giang

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

CAMILLA said...

cute nails,..
i love that shade

www.JennyThay.com said...

seriously...after looking at all of ur nail arts..makes me want to invest in konads so bad!

D.Sadie said...

That cupcake is tooo cute!

www.dgsbeauty.com

Kalmo said...

Aw your nails are super cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Angie said...

Great job, babe! I saw the tut for it too and so wanted to do it as well. Uber cute cupcake!

LipGlossGossip said...

So cute! :)

Michelle said...

The cupcake is amazing!!!

나니 said...

BAHAHA so cute! : D Cupcakes are always super pretty.. I gotta say tho, that most of them look better than they taste >_<"

DaBlackSjp said...

ORIGINALLLLL!
YUMMY nails :)

http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com/

C. said...

omg super cute with the cupcake.
C.

Purele said...

your nails are adorable!!! I must try this...when I have the patience :D

By the way, I'm hosting a giveaway on my jewelry blog and I'd love it if you could join :). http://purelejewelry.blogspot.com/